Thursday, February 4, 2010

Anti-aging cream

At what age should we start using anti-aging cream?

I don't think there is a good answer to this question. A girlfriend of mine, Chi chan, mentioned that her mom started using eye cream since she turned 20. After 20 something years later, there are still no lines or bags under her eyes. 


Most of people say when we turn 25, we need to start adding anti-aging products to our routine. I must say, I wouldn't mind doing that even as early as 22 or 23. 


In the past year, I began a more intense anti-aging routine. I added stronger anti-aging serum and night cream. I kept it up for about a year now. The small lines are gone and my skin tone evened out a lot more. 


Here is a list of items that I have tried and wouldn't mind continue to use.


Origin Youthtopia Serum - intensively restore the youthful skin. I like it because it doesn't leave a puffiness feeling to my face the next day.  Instead, it really repairs damaged skin and rebuild new skin cells.



Origins - High Potency Nigh-A-Mins - restorative night cream. Not too heavy or too thick. It can brighten and lift the darker and loser skin



Shiseido Concentrated anti-wrinkle eye cream - I don't use it everyday. I only use it once a while. It is a pretty strong product, so if you use too much or too often, it creates a bit of puffy look on your eyes. So, if you are relatively younger, you want to take it easy on this product. A little dab for a thin layer around the eye will be enough. And once or twice a week would be enough as well.




Shiseido - Intensive nourishing & recovery night cream -  This is the cream that took me through the brutal winter in Austria and Luxembourg last year. It's very nourishing and at the same time very restorative. It really helped around the nose and lips area to tighten up. It also helps locking the moisture in throughout the night. So the 2nd morning when you get up, even though being in the heated room for an entire night, your skin is still soft and moisturized. 



feel free to publish comments on your opinion on when is a good time to start using anti-aging cream.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers