Monday, November 16, 2009

come get muddy and pretty~

Yes to Carrot C the difference Mud Mask
Yes to carrot is an increasingly popular organic cosmetic brand. You can get them in pharmacy at a very reasonable price. With my colleague's, Peggy, recommendation, I picked up a free sample (a full/regular size bottle) and gave it a try.   I've used 2-3 times so far. It's not bad. It's a bit irritating at the beginning, I suppose that is because the mask is killing the germs and digging out the dirt in the pores.. LOL..
As the mask started to dry, I started feeling the mask tightening my face. After the mask is completely dry, I washed off my mask, then I noticed my skin is brighter, tighter and much cleaner. Plus the price is reasonable for this product, you can totally use it often and not break the bank.

Bodyshop 3 in 1 Blue Corn Deep Cleaning Mask

It's got stronger cleaning effect than Yes To Carrot's c the difference. The irritation feeling is a bit stronger at the beginning too. But you can really see your face get brighter with a healthier glow afterwards.  It's not too pricy either. It's good to have it around and use it when you want to give you face a deep cleaning.  Using it once a week is more than enough in my opinion.


Jurlique Intense Recovery Mask:

My dear friend, Joan, recommended this mask. The price is at the higher end. However, this mask is AMAZING. It doesn't irritate at all and it's like getting a mini face lift. You have to let it completely dry before washing it off to get the most out of the mask.
The mask itself is really smooth and fine, and it feels more like a cream. But it's in muddy green color. After you wash the mask off, you will notice the person in the mirror looks like you in your last year book. haha... ok.. I am exaggerating a bit here. But, you definitely can see the visibly "youthified"  you! (Yea.. I made that word up)
If you have a slightly bigger budget for mask, you should pick this one up. It will save you some $ that you would normally spend in spa.



The followings are Borghese masks. Borghese masks are probably the MOST famous mud masks in the world~ I used it once before when my mom used to have it in her vanity. ( Yea, I stole some from her jar!) But, I haven't used it for a while. If anyone is using it right now, please share your experience. I would love to know if I should get it too.

Borghese fango Active and Brillante brightening mud mask





5 comments:

  1. hey dear, this is Joan~~ hahaha~~ just in case u don't know who i am~~i really wanna try the first mask you recommand~~ where can i get it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using Borghese fango for many years actually. It does a really good cleansing job and it tightens the skin too. It is mildly drying than moisturizing, but negligible. can be compensated by moistrizer. just dont do it more than once a week in winter, 2x a week in summer.

    It's also a great value proposition. For the same price you get a much bigger jar of borghese, thus you can apply on ur face more generously without worrying about your wallet. Maybe it's just me... when I use masks in tube that's 1/3 the volume but double the price, I tend to apply less, making it less effective. That is one reason why I stick to Borghese too

    -alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thanks a bunch Alice. I think I will stock up during the holiday sales and add it to my routine. I've heard and read so much about it. With your validation, I am ready to give it a go.

    Joan - You can get it from DR. I will buy you one in return of the Jurlique mask you let me try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using Borghese mud mask for a little more than 3 months now. So far so good. I agree with comment #2.
    I also strongly recommend Borghese creme cleanser, it's the best I've used. you can clearly see your pores after cleasing and it doesn't overdry your skin. Just bought Origins cleanser this week, I'll see if that beats Borghese.

    p.s. I have oily & sensitive skin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just ordered them.. also the cream cleanser! Thanks ling!

    ReplyDelete

Followers