Sunday, July 12, 2009

All about toner

What is a toner?
A toner is a liquid lotion that can do the following things:

1. hydrate skin
2. calm and comfort skin
3. balance the PH level skin
4. some can even remove unwanted / dead skin == very few has this effect

Should I use toner?
I read many different answers. But, from personal experience, I would say YES. It's easier to absorb than other cream base lotion, and it really refreshes your skin, give you a clean feeling.

How do I use toner?
I tried using toner many different ways: use hands to apply, use cotton balls to apply or pour it into a spray bottle and spray on my face. The best way I found is using a spray.

You can easily get a empty spray bottle from any make-up shop even pharmacy. They sell travel sizes as well. When you spray, make sure you spray the whole face. Then leave it on until it dry naturally, (don't wipe it) You can tab your face gently massage your face a bit (轻拍脸 作点小按摩) while toner is being absorbed.

What are the recommended toner products:
In general, toners don't vary a lot, unlike facial treatment creams. However, you should always pick alcohol free and oil free products.

Here are a few products that I have used in the past years with good result or highly recommended by well-known dermatologists:

When your skin is really really dry:
Lotion douceur Gentle toner by Avene -- you can get in some drug stores, like DR or CVS.
Rare Earth Pore Refining Tonic by Kiehl's - this one I haven't tried, but it's got awesome review.

For normal skin to slightly oily:

For oily skin:
Tea Tree Oil Toner by Kiehl's - I haven't tried this one either, but tea tree is excellent for oily skin and can prevent break-out, which is generally a problem for oily skin type queen bees. And this toner also contain aloe, it's another excellent ingredient.


enjoy my ladies! feel free to post your experience and recommendation. I would love to learn about them.

3 comments:

  1. The multi-active toner from Dermalogica is pretty good for acne skin. And it's the spray on type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.dermalogica.com/us/products.html#/products/product-use/toners/multi-active-toner

    This is what Ling recommended - use the above link to view the product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow It really seems like mister here did his homework! Great effort in constructing this information, I really got a new sense of what's going on. Well, at least we can call it an update to what I already knew. But it's good to have yourself really looking into this stuff and putting it out there. I probably would have not investigated this material in wow g-d knows how long. I can really say I picked up some knowledge from this piece and you can most definitely count me referring some readers to your page, thanks! Really enjoyed and it was my pleasure to read on!

    ReplyDelete

Followers